“Less than 40% of all Americans have an emergency plan, and just 29% updated their supplies in the past year, according to a survey to be made public Thursday. About half said they had some sort of supplies set aside, such as packaged food and bottled water, but less than a third reported having a first-aid kit.” USA Today – 8/26/2014
They say knowledge is power – and in an emergency, information is the number one thing you need to Prepare – Survive – Thrive!
Ask yourself this:
- How will my family/household get emergency alerts and warnings?
- How will my family/household get to safe locations in an emergency?
- How will my family/household get in touch if cell phone, internet, or landline doesn’t work?
- How will I let loved ones know I am safe?
- How will family/household get to a meeting place after the emergency?
When the Big One hits, you can’t afford to guess; you need to know.