All kits should take into account who will be carrying them.
For children, creature comforts will be really important.
The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests you include these items in a
Kids Get Ready Kit
Assemble a special “Get Ready Kit: for kids. Explain to your children that you might need to leave your house during a disaster and sleep somewhere else for a while.
Here are some items you can your children could put into a backpack or container so it will be ready if needed:
- A few favorite books, crayons, and paper.
- Favorite small toys like dolls or action figures.
- A board game.
- A desk of cards.
- A puzzle.
- A favorite stuffed animal.
- A favorite blanket or pillow.
- A picture of your family and pets.
- A box with special treasures that will help you feel safe.
Pet Get Ready Kit